Saturday night we took part in the Sienna Family Camp Out for the 1st time. I can't tell a lie, I only wanted to participate in all the activities and then head home at bedtime. But because this was Elijah's first time to camp out, somewhere other than our back yard, we thought it would be best for him (and Byron too) if I spent the night as well.
I have to say, I enjoyed the whole experience better than I thought I would. And Byron and Elijah had so much fun. Next year though I will head home at bedtime because Elijah now knows what to expect and Mommy only getting 3 hours of sleep just doesn't get it. (I heard every single noise that was made throughout the whole night - ugh!) Even with that being said, we are already looking forward to it next year.
The smallest tent at this event :) But we made it work
There were about 175 tents there
Elijah and Eden playing some soccer
Friends from church - Sweet boys!
The kids could wear their Halloween costumes when tent trick-or-treating, but Elijah didn't want to
Waiting for Daddy to bring us our dinner
Dinner time
Elijah and Brayden
Waiting for the movie to start & by this time it was VERY cold!)
Elijah didn't like the movie. He said they were saying bad things (ex. kill) & personally I thought it was a poor choice too. So we did some puzzles, looked at some books, and counted his candy in our tent.
Elijah said his favorite thing was making the smores :)
Ready for bed
He finally crashed at 11:00 after being up 15 hours straight
He and I both took a 3 hour nap on Sunday.

How FUN! My girls would LOVE to do that!! You are a good mommy to do that with him!! Great memories :)
ReplyDeleteIt looks like the event was a well organized event and I know that all had fun. It was very plain to see that Elijah had fun. I am glad that it was fun for the three of you. love you, Elijah. Nana and papaw
ReplyDelete